SANBlaze VirtuaLUN storage emulation for SAS is the key piece of test equipment for anyone developing products supporting the SAS storage protocol. The VirtuaLUN feature set provides a unique set of functions applicable in all aspects of a product life cycle: from development to design validation and test and QA. The ability to emulate SAS targets and initiators with a wide range of configurable attributes provides engineers with a flexible, scalable tool to simulate real storage and SAN environments, at a fraction of the cost of real devices.
The VirtuaLUN provides full control and programmability of SCSI parameters, allocating unique storage test conditions for SAN testing and development.
For target emulation, an SAS target can be a disk, a tape, or a collection of each, such as a tape changer or storage array. Easily configurable target environments with optional storage profiles can be edited and saved for reuse. Multiple error conditions and triggers allow for complex error injection. RAM based targets provide low latency targets for performance testing. In addition to targets such as disks and tapes, very complex, disk based error conditions can be simulated to provide a unique platform for backplane and controller testing. The ability to program complex and varying range of target configurations and save and restore multiple target configurations provides a flexible, cost effective and invaluable tool for development, test and QA labs.
Initiator emulation delivers the ability to drive SAS traffic, inject errors, send specific or custom op codes in an easy to use, scriptable platform. Custom command generation and predefined tests provide simulated host environments. Auto connect and probe features quickly identify targets to test. Features such as Read/Write/Compare testing, error injection and a custom command builder provide an environment to simulate single or multiple SAS initiators.
Test cases can be saved and restored with a single command. Tests can be started via command line, scripted or via an easy to use Web based interface.
- Get a Demo SAS Data Sheet Emulation Platforms Data Sheet Emulation Catalog
- Simulated SAS Disks drives, Tapes, Disk arrays and Tape Libraries
- Predefined and/or Editable Device Profiles
- Configurable LUN parameters
- Configurable IO GeneratorLoad testing
- Custom Command builder
- Data Testing: Read/Write/Compare
- SCSI Level Error injection
- State driven Error Injection
- Easy to use Web based interface
- Command line interface and scripting
- Save/load configurations
- Trace Functionality
- Error counters
- Real time statistics and performance data
- Compression and Dedup Data Patterns
- Simulate bad SAS disks
- Backplane and RAID controller testing
- SAS hardware and software development
- Validate and test SAS HBA
- Validate and test SAS storage arrays
- Simulate single or multiple SAS initiators
- SAS expander testing
- Virtual environment testing
- Storage software verification
- Performance testing
- Error handling testing
- Failover and multipath simulation
- Scalability testing Capacity planning