SANBlaze VirtuaLUN storage emulation for Fibre Channel is the key piece of test equipment for anyone developing products supporting the Fibre Channel storage protocol. The VirtuaLUN feature set provides a unique set of functions applicable in all aspects of a product life cycle: from development to design validation and test and QA. The ability to emulate Fibre Channel targets and initiators with a wide range of configurable attributes provides engineers with a flexible, scalable tool to simulate real SAN environments and test director class switch environments at a fraction of the cost of real devices.
The VirtuaLUN provides full control and programmability of Fibre Channel parameters, allocating unique storage test conditions for SAN testing and development.
For target emulation, a Fibre Channel target can be a disk, a tape, or a collection of devices, such as a tape changer or storage array. Easily configurable target environments with optional storage profiles can be edited and saved for reuse. Multiple error conditions and triggers allow for complex error injection. RAM based targets provide low latency targets for performance testing. In addition to targets such as disks and tapes, very complex, disk based error conditions can be simulated to provide a unique platform for backplane and controller testing. The ability to program complex and varying range of target configurations and save and restore multiple target configurations provides a flexible, cost effective and invaluable tool for development, test and QA labs.
Initiator emulation delivers the ability to drive Fibre Channel traffic, inject errors, send specific or custom op codes in an easy to use, scriptable platform. The ability to affect fabric login parameters is useful in switch and fabric testing and development. Custom command generation and predefined tests provide simulated host environments. Auto connect and probe features quickly identify targets to test. Features such as Read/Write/Compare testing, error injection and a custom command builder provide an environment to simulate single or multiple Fibre Channel initiators.
Test cases can be saved and restored with a single command. Tests can be started via command line, scripted or via an easy to use Web based interface.
- Get a Demo Fibre Channel Data Sheet Emulation Platforms Data Sheet Emulation Catalog
- Support for 32G, 16G, 8G Fibre Channel
- Simulated Fibre Channel Disks drives, Tapes, Disk arrays and Tape Libraries
- Simulated Host (HBA)
- High performance
- Multi-target and Initiator support (NPIV)
- Initiator Compression and Dedup Data Patterns
- Error injection
- Packet Capture and Decode
- Easy to use Web based interface
- Command line interface and scripting
- Save/load configurations
- Trace Functionality
- Error counters
- Real time statistics and performance data
- Compression and Dedup Data Patterns
- Fibre Channel Hardware and Software Development
- Validate and test Fibre Channel HBA
- Validate and test Fibre Channel storage arrays
- Simulate single or multiple FC hosts
- Switch and Fabric testing
- Storage software verification
- SAN management software verification
- Performance testing
- Error handling testing
- Failover and Multipath Simulation
- Scalability testing
- Capacity planning